Twitter For Professionals And How To Create An Account?
If you are looking for what is twitter for professionals and how to create an account then, you’ve landed at the right place. Have you observed a briefcase icon and some text describing the profile type on certain Twitter accounts? Thanks to a new-feature called Twitter for Professionals, aimed at creators and businesses using the platform to market themselves.
So, what advanced-profile features does Twitter for Professionals provide, and how can you sign up for it? I will be covering exactly that in this article, so let us jump in!
What is Twitter-for-Professionals?
Twitter-for-Professionals was first announced in April 2021 and helped anyone who uses Twitter professionally differentiate themselves from personal accounts.
For example, use Twitter-to-market your business. You can use a professional account to investigate your products and services directly from your Profile apace with important information such as business hours and location.
It also makes it easy for your clients to subscribe to your newsletter, if you have one, by providing a subscribe-button that you can add to your Twitter-profile.
Another feature is access to Twitter-Ads, which lets you boost your tweets.
Since Twitter-for-Professionals is free, you have nothing to lose from trying-it-out.
How to Create a Professional-Account-on-Twitter
Creating a professional-account on the-web is simple.
1. Visit-Twitter.com and log into your account, or create a Twitter account if you do not have one already.
2. Click on More in the sidebar-menu on the left.
3. Click on Twitter-for-Professionals.
4. Click on Agree and Continue.
5. From the given options, choose a category that best defines your Twitter profile. At the time-of-publication, there were more categories to choose from on Twitter for iOS and Android than on the web-version of Twitter. So if you can not find a category that fits your profession, either switch to the mobile-app now and follow our guide below, or select a temporary category and update it via mobile, shown below. Then click on-Next to proceed to the next-step.
6. Select an account-type that best aligns with-your-profession, either Business or Creator. Then click on Next to move-on to the final-step.
7. Congratulations! You have enabled your professional-account. You can click-on Customize your Profile to update your professional-Profile now, pick some topics-to-follow, or click on Skip, for now to wrap-up the process.
On Twitter for iOS & Android
Creating your professional-account on mobile is pretty much the same as on the-web.
1. Tap your profile-photo in the top left corner to bring up the sidebar menu. Then click on Twitter for Professionals.
2. Click on Agree & continue.
3. Choose the Category that best define your Twitter profile from the provided options. Then click on-Next to proceed to the next-step.
4. Select an account-type that best regulates your profession, either Business or Creator. Then click on-Next to move on to the final-step.
5. You have enabled your professional-account. You can click-on Customize your Profile to update your professional profile, pick some topics to follow, promote-a-tweet, or click on Skip to wrap-up the process.
How to Edit or Switch Your Professional-Account
If you like to change the Category of your professional-profile or switch account types, you can do-so easily via the Edit-Profile option.
To edit your Twitter-profile on the web, do the following:
1. Visit-Twitter.com and click-on Profile in the sidebar-menu on the left.
2. From your profile-screen, click on the Edit-profile button beneath your banner on the right.
3. Scroll-down on the Edit profile page and click on Edit professional profile.
4. To edit your professional Profile’s Category, click on Category. Click on Switch-account type to change your account-type back to a personal-account or a different professional-account.
On-Twitter for Android & iOS
To edit your Twitter-profile via the mobile-app, do the following:
1. Tap your profile-photo in the top left corner to bring-up the sidebar menu. Click on Profile.
2. Click on the Edit-profile button on the right underneath the banner.
3. Click on the Edit-professional-profile button at the bottom of the screen.
4. To edit your professional Profile’s Category, click on Category. To change your account-type back to a personal account or a different professional account, click on Switch account type.
If you see, signing-up for Twitter for Professionals gives you several benefits, helping you differentiate your account from personal-ones, share important information with potential clients, and promote your products and services.
It is also easy free, and easy to set-up, so if you are a business owner or creator on Twitter, switching to a professional-account is a great idea with little risk.