8 Game-Changing PPC Trends to Use
If you are looking for game-changing ppc trends to use, then you’ve landed at the right place. With ad clickers being 50% more likely to buy products than organic visitors, every marketer needs to keep up-to-date on the major PPC trends for 2022.
Ready for the newest PPC trends and updates in 2022? We’ve got you covered. Read on to see our five top picks for PPC in 2022!
1. Say goodbye to third-party cookies and hello to first-party data
Even though Google delayed saying goodbye to third-party cookies via its Chrome browser, it’s become apparent that third-party cookies are going away — making first-party data beyond valuable. That’s why businesses need to start investing in their first-party data now vs. later.
First-party data can come from several places, whether business cards are share at a trade show or email sign-ups on your website. You can also use tools like Lusha, Clearbit, and Snitcher to help your business qualify and nurture traffic to its site.
RELATED BLOGS: READ MORE
Your company can even go further with MarketingCloudFX, which allows you to:
- Attribute marketing channel performance to bottom-line results
- Sync marketing and sales data
- Integrate data from third-party tools like Salesforce, Shopify, Marketo, and more
- Calculate return on investment (ROI) across marketing efforts
- And more
Either way, first-party data is the leader when it comes to PPC trends.
2. Revamp the company’s Martech stack
Before you go powering your digital advertising campaigns with first-party data, though, it’s vital your business audits (and revamps, if needed) its Martech stack. With the move to first-party data, your company will likely introduce new tools, processes, and data routing.
When auditing your marketing technology stack, think about the following questions:
- Are there gaps in where we’re collecting data?
- Where does data get store or sent?
- Which tools integrate?
- How does data get sent between platforms?
If you have an all-in-one platform like MarketingCloudFX, it’s easy to keep your martech stack organized and operating. Plus, you don’t have to worry about managing your setup — your dedicated account manager (and our in-house development team) take care of this step for you.
3. Experiment with ad formats only name-brands could afford
While digital advertising platforms like Microsoft Advertising and Google Ads make it possible for your business to promote its products, services, and brand across the web, other advertising mediums come with a high entry cost, limiting them to big brands.
Regarding PPC trends, the prediction is that more companies, like small-to-midsized businesses (SMBs), will have access to new ad types at cost-effective rates. For example, your company could experiment with podcasts, connected TV, and video ads.
Experimenting with these new ad types now versus later will help your business:
- Target users in all stages of the buying funnel, from awareness to consideration
- Evaluate how different ad formats, like podcasts and video, influence conversion rates
- Get ahead of competitors sticking with traditional search advertising campaigns
So, if you’re advertising and looking to improve your returns, think about embracing this PPC trend.
4. PPC automation and machine learning
Google’s been rolling out more automated bidding strategies for PPC advertising, and in 2019, Google actively encouraged advertisers to let automation manage their ad campaigns.
As a result, PPC automation makes it to the top of our list for PPC search trends for 2022.
In 2022, we’ll see a rise in first-party and third-party automation and evaluation systems to give advertisers more choices in their automation processes than what the big-name advertising platforms offer.
Automation for PPC uses AI and machine learning to do anything from tracking and optimizing bids for keywords to testing ads.
In 2022, the trick for PPC advertisers will be to experiment with using these automated PPC strategies as effectively and efficiently as possible.
If you’re not already using scripts to automate your workflow, then it’s likely that you’ll start falling behind other advertisers in PPC for 2022.
With the increased amount of open-access machine learning algorithms (take Google’s BERT in 2019, for example), incorporating artificial intelligence into your PPC strategies will be easier than ever in 2022.
RELATED BLOGS: READ MORE
Automating your work process means that machines will do all the tedious, time-consuming necessary but may not have as much impact on results, letting you focus on more intricate tasks.
And with the increased optimization abilities of AI algorithms, you can build your automation processes that perfectly fit your audience and paid advertising goals.
This year, automating smaller tasks with AI and machine learning will help you stay competitive and on top of your game. When you can find a good balance of automation in your PPC strategy this year, you’ll spend less time tweaking your bids and more time focusing on the overall results of your campaign.
5. Branching out with PPC
When it comes to PPC advertising, you aren’t limited to search engines like Google or Bing. You have options to branch out onto other platforms. If you want to drive success with PPC in 2022, you must consider alternative platforms.
Some platforms to consider for paid advertising include:
- Walmart Marketplace*
- Sears Marketplace*
*Platforms exclusive for eCommerce businesses Branching out to other ad platforms in 2022 doesn’t mean targeting every platform. It means understanding where your audience spends time online and using paid advertising to reach them.
Spend some time discovering where your audience likes to be (and if they’re likely to shift to another platform in 2022), and then test your ads on those platforms to see how they perform and if that platform will work for your brand.
6. Video ads
Video ads are one of the biggest paid search trends in 2022 that you’ll want to watch. 90% of people say videos help them make purchase decisions.
Check out these interesting video marketing statistics for 2022:
- 139% is how much brand association increases after watching a video
- 88% is how much more time users spend on pages with videos
- 86% is the amount conversion rates improve by adding video
- 83% of marketers that use video believes it delivers a good ROI
- 80% is the amount conversions improved by adding videos on landing pages
- 80% of people say they typically switch between online search and video when researching products to buy
When you see the impact of video on consumers, you know you need to integrate more videos for PPC in 2022. Luckily, last year Google created an easy way for you to create ads with your YouTube content.
RELATED BLOGS: READ MORE
Video ads also account for a major portion of social media advertising. With one in three users who watch videos on social media platforms watching videos from brands, incorporating video ads is a strong PPC trend in 2022 to add to your social media advertising campaign.
7. Voice search for PPC
Voice search is one of the newest PPC trends in 2022, and it provides a big opportunity for advertisers to target voice searches with PPC ads. In 2022, sales from voice search are expect to reach $40 billion. Further, brands that incorporate voice search optimization into their marketing strategy are estimate to increase their digital commerce revenue by 30% by 2021. Moreover, more than 50% of voice-enabled speaker owners want to receive updates about deals, promotions, and sales from brands. So, in 2022, get ready to create your PPC campaigns by:
- Optimizing for mobile devices: 20% of searches on mobile devices are voice-based, so if you’re optimizing for voice search, you should also be optimize for mobile. This optimization is important because once a user does a voice search and your result pops up, they’ll head to your website. If your website isn’t mobile-friendly, you’ll miss out on valuable conversions since people are 52% less likely to engage with a company if they have a bad mobile experience.
- Integrating long-tail keywords for local searches: With more than 55% of consumers performing voice searches to find a local business, companies who want to hop on the voice search bandwagon should start optimizing their content for local keywords. These local keywords include phrases like “near me,” which have increased by more than 500% in the past few years.
- Optimizing for conversational and question-based keywords: Did you know that 65% of all voice search queries are conversational? When adapting for voice search, target conversational keywords to help you hit those voice search queries the best. And since most conversational keywords are question-based (who, what, when, where, etc.), you can also optimize for those key terms.
8. Brand affinity using audience targeting
PPC trends in 2022 will focus on more than just increasing awareness. To have a successful PPC campaign this year, you must build strong relationships with your audience. The very best marketers will not only familiarize their audience with their brand but inspire people to feel good about their brand.
If you want to capitalize on this paid search trend in 2022, focus on:
- Providing customers with the very best experience
- Speaking to people in the appropriate time and manner
- Helping customers learn and grow
- Promoting conversation among your audience
Take advantage of these PPC trends in 2022 with Digiscap!
If you want to stay competitive with PPC, you’ll need to watch the top PPC predictions each year. With so many paid search trends for 2022, you have a lot of optimizations you’ll want to integrate into your campaign.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, don’t worry!